Emma will NOT entertain the idea of using the potty. I am at a loss as to what to do. I feel like a failure, like other moms are going to judge me. Wasn't it suppose to be easier?!?!?!!?
You are totally NOT a failure!!! Every kid is different when it comes to potty training. This may sound completely odd or weird, but what I did with our Emma is I kept her completely naked from the waist down while we were at home. That way she had no choice but to use the potty when we were at home. And that way she got used to it as well. I know potty training can be difficult. She'll get a hang of it though, they always do =)
Potty training is driving me crazy too. Brielle had it down pat for about 3 weeks and then lost interest. She will go just fine if I make her sit on the potty every 30minutes or so, but if I don't remind her she will only poop on the potty...she pees her pants constantly. We've tried various reward systems but nothing has worked all that great. We also have done the no pants method Johannah mentioned but she just pees on the floor and then tells us she had an accident lol. I'd just say she wasn't ready, except she did nearly perfect in the beginning for weeks---so I know she's capable and just being lazy---ugh!
You are totally NOT a failure!!! Every kid is different when it comes to potty training. This may sound completely odd or weird, but what I did with our Emma is I kept her completely naked from the waist down while we were at home. That way she had no choice but to use the potty when we were at home. And that way she got used to it as well. I know potty training can be difficult. She'll get a hang of it though, they always do =)
ReplyDeletePotty training is driving me crazy too. Brielle had it down pat for about 3 weeks and then lost interest. She will go just fine if I make her sit on the potty every 30minutes or so, but if I don't remind her she will only poop on the potty...she pees her pants constantly. We've tried various reward systems but nothing has worked all that great. We also have done the no pants method Johannah mentioned but she just pees on the floor and then tells us she had an accident lol. I'd just say she wasn't ready, except she did nearly perfect in the beginning for weeks---so I know she's capable and just being lazy---ugh!
ReplyDelete