Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Summer trippin'

Monday morning Emma and I loaded up and picked up my mom and headed to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.  My parents have a camper set up on a permanent site and so we always have a place to stay if need be!  It's a nice drive and we pass Carson-Newman, where I got my undergraduate degree. I started stopping by and taking Emma's picture in front of my old dorm and with the painted eagles that was started by some of my friends back in the late 90's.  Emma was not very cooperative but I have the 2013 pictures completed! I was also able to buy her first CN girl shirt, she has some unisex ones, but I was excited to get a girly one!!!




We headed to the campground and then did a little shopping.  Then E and I hit up the playground where we slid a thousand and one times until it was dark and hit up the swings too!



Tuesday morning I decided to take Emma to Dollywood, (I call it the White Trash theme park, because you see all kinds there!)  We waited FOREVER to get a season pass then I went to get Emma on the carousel and you would have thought I dropped in her a vat of hot oil! She clawed the life out of me.  I have cell phone pictures, but I have to load everything to flickr or photobucket and that's too much work tonight!  We left soon after and plan to try later.  She loved the pool and we spent the rest of the afternoon there and then hit the playground again.

We came home today and enjoyed some more time outside.  The weather calls for rain for the the next few days, so I'm glad we got some sunshine time in while we were gone!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! We haven't made it to an outdoor pool yet this year---waiting anxiously for the weather to warm up and cooperate!

    ReplyDelete